wireless PS3 audio

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nicolasdec, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

I have a PS3 60GB and i whant to have 5.1 or 7.1 sound but my AV system is behind my room and the cable that go from the AV to the TV are not HD I think its an RGB. But my tv is HD, currently my ps3 is conected to my tv throu a HDMI to DVI cable and its at 1080i but i dont have any sound is there any way i can get 5.1 or 7.1 surrond sound with out have wires going from my ps3 to my AV?

2. Nicolasdec thread starter macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

cant any body help me, is there such thing as a wireless optical audio Transmitter and receiver ?

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

In order to have 5.1 or 7.1 you will need a digital connection, and therefore you will need to connect via SPDif Optical.

You can buy a long optical cable and give that a try.

If you tried wirelessly sending audio you would need a video transimitter that excepts phono near your ps3 and the reciever near your amp. But this will only give you stereo or dolby prologic and not proper 5.1 or 7.1

but......

There is a possible work around to get wireless 5.1 / 7.1

If you got an spdif optical to coaxial coovertor you could change optical to a phono connector, then use the wireless receiver to transmit this signal and then connect the reciever to amp and then to the coaxial input rather than phono and this 'may' work and give you proper 5.1 / 7.1 to your amp.

4. Nicolasdec thread starter macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

its horrible having a long cable running across your room.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

True, but sometimes its a necessary evil.

6. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

won't the wireless signal degrade the quality of the sound? My friend has a pair of wireless speakers for some stereo he has and they sound like tin cans...

7. Nicolasdec thread starter macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

i guess its the price to pay for 1080p and 7.1 surround sound do you have a ps3 if yes hows your setup?

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

yes is the simple answer

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Mine is hooked up by spdif optical to a 5.1 Dolby Digital / DTS amp and to HDTV via HDMI, and when I want to use my projector via component HD, but mostly via hdmi. It's a pain that the ps3 wont output sound via both AV & Spdif at the same time.