Wireless Router Question - Please Help

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by BigBurd, Jan 24, 2004.

1. BigBurd macrumors member

Jun 7, 2002
    The Beautiful Berkshires
    Please help. My friend has an older Powerbook and a new iBook. His Powerbook has an Airport card and base station. His iBook is Airport Extreme equipped. I know that an Airport Extreme base station can handle both cards, but it is expensive. What is a good base station (wireless router) alternative?

This wireless router should be able to be used with a PC, also. (He'd have to know what card to use with the PC, too.)

Thanks & God Bless.

2. pdt macrumors newbie

Dec 31, 2003
  3. abhishekit macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2003
    akron , ohio
    take any wireless router man...they all work with airport extreme...take the one with the most rebate on..i have a dlink router at home..one of my neighbours has netgear..one has linksys...my airport extreme connects to all three!!!:D yah..they dont have a password..
    just make sure the speed is atleast 54mbps..and it has the no. of ports u need..and its 802.11g..pretty much all the routers in the market satisfy all that...
    and regarding the card ur friend needs to use with the pc...i m not sure about that ..but i guess he can use any wirelss card they sell for pcs..