wireless surveilance

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jer446, Jun 7, 2005.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

I really would like to set up camera's around my house. I want to just mount a camera outside, and when motion is detected, it will automatically turn on and record to my compuer. Would the linksys wireless camera be good for this? I know it isnt outdoors, but if i mounted it some way.

2. skp574 macrumors 6502

I have a linksys wireless-G IP camera and it does not work under Mac OS X. For some reason when you try to view the live video feed it does a browser check and displays an error. I have tried to strip the html and java out of the camera to see if I can view it another way, but have got to a brick wall. Therefore, have given up.

It worked fine when viewing through IE on a PC. But it would not even work on IE on a Mac!

BTW it streams a .wmv file (Windows Media Player, yuck!).

Also if you are thinking of this camera it does not support WPA wireless encryption which my house has so the camera is now a no-no and would need to be connected via its Ethernet port.

It is now a nice wall mounted sculpture in the kitchen. I used to use it as a puppy monitor when I got a new dog. I used to check on it from work.