Wireless Trouble

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Aperture, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Hi. Last night my Wireless Internet was working fine but this morning none of the computers (iMac, Dell Notebook) wirelessly connected to my Linksys BEFW11S4 (v.4) router will work. The iMac can see the SSID, get a signal strength, but Safari constantly says "You are not connected to the internet". There is also a Dell hardwired to the router. It can connect fine. Here is my network configuration.

= Wired
    - Wireless

Code:
                                        [COLOR="red"]------iMac G5[/COLOR]
    Modem====WirelessRouter==============DellDesktop
                                        [COLOR="red"]------DellLaptop[/COLOR]

2. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

try clearing your internet cache, and history, verify permissions, and restart both the router/wireless and the comp.

3. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

Now the Dell Notebook can connect fine but my iMac still can't. So now I know it is a problem just with the iMac. I tried everything above to no avail.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What sort of security/encryption do you have on the network? Have you tried creating a new location and reconfiguring the iMac's settings from scratch? :)

5. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

Thanks for the help but I think my router if fried. (I use MAC filtering btw) Anyway, I talked to Linksys for 2 hours & they basically told me my router was broken. :(

6. nicque macrumors regular

have you tried unplugging the router from the back?

7. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

Yeah I did that about 800 times.:( (not joking) Seriously though, I tried everything. Basically, last night all wireless went down. This morning the Dell (wireless) laptop was back online but the iMac still couldn't connect. Then the hardwired PC's internet went down which sent the whole network crashing. This happened continuously all day..

Then I decide to try and plug the iMac in directly to my modem, nope! Couldn't connect. Called Comcast, they went through some basic steps and then said they aren't really trained on Macs and I should call Apple.