Wireless USB Connection MA111ge

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by visvid, Feb 6, 2004.

1. visvid macrumors newbie

Anyone used the Netgear MA111ge 802 .11b Wireless USB adapter with an iBook ?

I am moving over to broadband next week and at home we have a G5 / G4 / iBook and a PC , and have decided to go wireless with Netgear Router and their wireless equipment.

This MA111ge sounds great , plug into a USB port and in theory you can wander around the house with the iBook connected to the Internet ?

Cheers

visvid
    :)

2. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

hugemullens

3. visvid thread starter macrumors newbie

To be honest I am very new to all this , so I was just looking for an easy solution for the iBook, The G5/G4 are networked already, the PC is in the other room ( hence the wireless card ) and thought this USB card looked like a great idea.

Netgear's response was it works on Windows and would not commit to saying yes for the iBook :confused:

However I may just buy it and see if it works , but I will take you advise and look at aiport card for the ibook

Cheers

visvid

4. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

hugemullens

airport is apple's wireless card. It is easy to install, requires no real setup, ITS INTERNAL, you have the slot for it and the atenna in your lid. It works with all brand of wireless routers. so you can get a netgear router and an airport card. i have a dlink router and airport card. airport all the way. your g4 and g5 have airport slots also. if its an ibook g3 it need old airport, ibook g4 it need airport extreme.

5. visvid thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok sounds simple enough i will look into the prices of airport cards for iBook in the London branch