wireless waves ?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by liquidxray, Dec 11, 2004.

1. liquidxray macrumors newbie

this might has nothing to do w/ macs generally..

i just got this ibook recently and i upgraded my router to a wireless because of it....
    just out of the blue i was thinking...
    you know how they say that cell phones can cause brain tumors because of the radiowaves...
    do you think that has the same going w/ wireless connection w/ notebooks..

2. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

Some people think so, google it ;)

I am not to worried about it, think of all the radiowaves from gps, tv, radio, satellites and other crap that doesn't harm anybody. Light is just electromagnetic energy at a higher frequency then wireless technology.

3. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Don't worry, be happy. :)

It was never proven that the cell phones did cause cancer if I remember right, moreso that some people developed cancer. They could have just developed it naturally... never know. Don't worry, be happy!

4. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Given that WiFi uses the same frequency as 1st gen wireless indoor phones and microwave ovens, if it's a problem, you'd think it would have surfaced by now. In addition, think of the average distance between a cell phone and a cell tower vs a WiFi device and its base station. It seems to me, just using common sense (no facts to back it up), that the cell phone would have to emit a lot more RF energy than WiFi. Last, but not least, the cell phone is in direct contact with your head, will WiFi devices (computers) are a foot away or so.

No drama.

5. liquidxray thread starter macrumors newbie

haha i'm not worrying
    just a thought that popped out my head...

its just amazing how data can transfer wireless after using wired... for a long time

6. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

Wired it still way faster.