wirelessly print to Epson CX4800

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by native00, Mar 11, 2006.

1. native00 macrumors regular

native00

So i bought it thinking it was bluetooth enabled and found out it wasnt when i got home. AAaaarrrgh...to say the least. I have an express that i have for wireless internet purposes, for my iMac and powerbook.

What do you think is the best way to wirelessly connect to the printer? I have heard that I can connect it to the iMac and then use the iMac as a print center.

And also, can I by an adaptor of sorts to make the printer bluetooth enabled?

2. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

Your best bet is to plug it into the express or the iMac.

If you use te express then the iMac wont have to be on all the time.

If you use the iMac then it will have to be on for you to print to it.

My suggestion is to not use bluetooth cause the range on it would be much less then with a wireless router connection.

I have my Canon MP760 hooked to my iMac and i use it to share the printer. It works really well and i dont mind having the computer on all the time.

3. native00 thread starter macrumors regular

native00

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Do you mean setting the iMac up to share the printer or setting it up to connect to an AirPort printer?

I strongly recommend just plugging the printer into the AirPort's USB port and then adding it to each machine using the Printer Setup Utility in the Utilities folder. It's very easy to do. :)

5. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

Both are easy to do, but like mad jew said, you aer better of plugging it into the airport express then the iMac.