Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deckmoney

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
All,

I'm trying to find a good hardware device that will take output from my iMac, using the mini-DVI to DVI converter, and wirelessly send the video to my big screen TV. Can someone recommend a good product for doing this? Oh, and my Sony LCD is 1080p, so it would be great if the device could handle that high of a native resolution.

Thanks in advance!

Cybix

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
Western Australia
All,

I'm trying to find a good hardware device that will take output from my iMac, using the mini-DVI to DVI converter, and wirelessly send the video to my big screen TV. Can someone recommend a good product for doing this? Oh, and my Sony LCD is 1080p, so it would be great if the device could handle that high of a native resolution.

Thanks in advance!

how about the iTV which will possibly be released tommorow?

deckmoney

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
:) That's what I would buy, but this is for my Dad. He wants to be able to surf the net, run his applications, view his photos, etc. from the TV. I think a Mac mini would be best, since he could surf the net and use Frontrow for the rest.

Still, I told him I'd look into it for him. Do you know of any hardware devices that will do this?

Retired
May 16, 2006
Slingcatcher (from slingbox makers) is not out yet - but will be exactly what you want. And if this works with mac, all the better.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
:) ...He wants to be able to surf the net, run his applications, view his photos, etc. from the TV. I think a Mac mini would be best, since he could surf the net and use Frontrow for the rest.

The Apple TV (iTV) will only let him access iTunes stuff and he would still need a computer. Better to buy a Mini and connect it via wired cable to the TV set. He wants "wireless" so buy him a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. A lrge 1080p LCD TV would actually make a nice monitor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.