Wirelessly Stream Video from iMac to Sony LCD TV

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by deckmoney, Jan 7, 2007.

1. deckmoney macrumors member

All,

I'm trying to find a good hardware device that will take output from my iMac, using the mini-DVI to DVI converter, and wirelessly send the video to my big screen TV. Can someone recommend a good product for doing this? Oh, and my Sony LCD is 1080p, so it would be great if the device could handle that high of a native resolution.

Thanks in advance!

2. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

how about the iTV which will possibly be released tommorow?

3. deckmoney thread starter macrumors member

:) That's what I would buy, but this is for my Dad. He wants to be able to surf the net, run his applications, view his photos, etc. from the TV. I think a Mac mini would be best, since he could surf the net and use Frontrow for the rest.

Still, I told him I'd look into it for him. Do you know of any hardware devices that will do this?

4. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Just wait for iTV. I don't know of any device that can wirelessly output your iMac to a TV.

5. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Slingcatcher (from slingbox makers) is not out yet - but will be exactly what you want. And if this works with mac, all the better.

6. ChrisA macrumors G4

The Apple TV (iTV) will only let him access iTunes stuff and he would still need a computer. Better to buy a Mini and connect it via wired cable to the TV set. He wants "wireless" so buy him a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. A lrge 1080p LCD TV would actually make a nice monitor.