Wirerless speakers

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Tyler.Schmaltz, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Tyler.Schmaltz macrumors member

Now a day everything is going wireless like internet wirerless laptops bluetooth I was wondering if any one know of wirerless speakers
    They have those home audio speakers but then to get surround sound you have to run wirers all around the room

I;m setting these speakers in my garage i already have 2 400 watts jensen speakers and want two more in the back but don't want to run wires anybody have a solution to my problem or know of any wirerless speakers

2. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

from what I've heard, wireless speakers are not that great.

3. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

Think about what most "wireless" products are doing and then think about speakers. You have two different things going on.

1. Signal (Most devices)
    2. Signal + Power (Speakers, Firewire)

You can't pump 400 watts through wireless - but you can pump signal. You can get an amp to put back there for shorter runs to the speakers - then you'd only have to get the signal back to the amp - that isn't a powered cable, so it would be easier - but devices like that aren't all that practical or cheap.

Your best option is to hide the cable - either under carpet, in the wall, or some other manner.

4. Tyler.Schmaltz thread starter macrumors member

wirerless speakers

I guess i could just run the wires through the cieling and drop them down to the conners

5. Bigheadache macrumors 6502

I don't know if you get them in the US, but loewe (German brand) make wireless surround sound speakers to match their Tvs

6. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead