Wirless Blueyonder Connection for Mac

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Erolsuleyman, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Erolsuleyman macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm looking into connecting to the Blueyonder Wireless broadband service, they say that they will not support Macs using this service but can not see why it should not work? The hardwear they send you is a Netgear ME102 WAP - with and Airport card installed in my Powerbook and allsettings done using a web browser should thisnot work? ANY advise welcome PLEASE

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

guessing

Well, airport does support WAP now so it should work even though they don't support it. Just if you are connecting to it, you might have to put a "$" infront of the encripted password if you need to use one.

Have you gotten the hardware and set it up yet, or are you just thinking about it yet.

3. Erolsuleyman thread starter macrumors newbie

Still thinking of it as once you have signed up your bound to a 12 month contract! So was hoping avoid any unknow problems. Thanks

4. mhar4 macrumors member

We have Blueyonder broadband, using a Motorola cable modem they supplied, and I added a D-link wireless router I bought on eBay. It all works a treat. Panther configures itself to the router automatically through the Aiport card - a great testament to the superiorty of the Mac OS. The only tricky thing was setting up the router, which you do through a browser. You also have to register the router as a network device with Blueyonder, i.e. give them the router's MAC no., which you do over their website.

5. Erolsuleyman thread starter macrumors newbie

D-Link router for Blueyoner

THANK YOU for your reply! This is exactly what I'll be doing can you tell me the name/model of your D-link router that you've got as I know it works for you, will go for the same model!

6. mhar4 macrumors member

7. Erolsuleyman thread starter macrumors newbie

8. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

Im on blueyonder 1mb with airport base station. all works ok.

9. billyboy macrumors 65816

billyboy

On blueyonder, and we have a wireless router from the Motorola modem. If you should happen to lose the connection, the first thing to do is turn the modem and the router on and off. If you cant get the connection up, just wait a bit - the Mac never fails to come up with a relevant IP address, but the modem is not that smart and needs time to sort itself out. It is Motorola after all.

They arent allowed to support Panther, only up to Jaguar, but they do know their way around Macs.

10. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

Not really on topic but currently on 1mb BY cable, anyone upgraded from 1 to 2, notice massive speed increases surfing?