Wish me luck.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macgeek2005, May 25, 2006.

1. macgeek2005 macrumors 65816

Well.... tommorow evening i'm gonna see this girl that I have a crush on after like over a month of not seeing her.

It's kind of a weird (although that could just be me) situation.

We met over a month ago, and hung out for maybe half an hour, and then we talked online alot, and then we kinda talked online less, and less... and we kept saying we'd hang out again, but for one reason or another it just didn't work out.

Well, tommorow evening at Teen night (theres teen night here on orcas island, yes), she will be there, because she cleaned her house so her mom's gonna let her go... and there are a few things that i'm pretty sure I know about how she feels.

She does like me. How much I don't know. I only know what I know from my instinct, and from what her best friend told me.

I have no idea what she has in mind because after not talking to her in person for such a long time, and only seeing her in person for a total of like an hour... you know how your vision of somebody can get completely screwed up right? Well that's kinda what it's like for me. I barely know her, but I like her, and she likes me, but I don't know how much.

I don't wanna hang out with her assuming that nothings happening, and we just wanna be friends, if she had in mind that we'd be going out soon, and I don't wanna hang out with her assuming that we'll be going out soon, if she had in mind that we'd just be friends.

Any comments, suggestions, criticism, complains, advice, cautions, feelings, etc, would be greatly appreciated.

edit: Oh, and i've got to add. Earlier today, I asked her if she's coming to teen night tommorow, and she said "maybe, I might be grounded", and I was like "aww, I really wanna hang out with you again", and then later she tells me she cleaned her whole house to be able to come to teen night. So that was cool. I don't know whether she cleaned her house just for me or not.. but just thought i'd clarify that.

2. taytho macrumors 6502

my advice:

smell nice..... but not strong

have fresh breath

relax

enjoy yourself..

RELAX

RELAX

good luck buddy

3. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

do not have high expectations!

(or you will be crushed)

that is all

4. macgeek2005 thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't know what expectations to have. So I guess I don't have any expectations.

5. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

A) Do not, under any circumstances, talk about enlightenment and anything that relates to that subject.

B) Do not go into any great detail about your computers unless she's also geek-inclined.

C) Listen to her

D) Kissing is good

7. Dr.Gargoyle macrumors 65816

Dr.Gargoyle

She obviously likes you. Hence, she wants you to like her aswell. Show her that you are interested. Don't talk too much, let her talk. Listen to her, be interested in what she has to say. Ask questions. Basically, show her you want to get to know her better.
    Finally, just relax and everything will be alright. :)

8. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Well, she certainly seems to like you – so that's the first hurdle cleared. I'll just echo what the others are recommending, and say be yourself and listen to her with genuine interest. But above all, enjoy the evening.

And whatever you do, don't challenge her to a game of foosball. ;)

9. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

Just out of curiosity, why not...?

BTW: Good Luck to macgeek2005 :) :)

10. Boggle macrumors 6502

Boggle

Nice recall!

Did somebody actually tell a 15yr old to relax. Is there going to be an anesthesiologist on hand? Because otherwise that's like asking an rabid wolverine to, "use its words."

Good Luck, Mac!

11. Dr.Gargoyle macrumors 65816

Dr.Gargoyle

LMAO
    I agree. Still I think he should at least try to relax, right? Besides, this girl is obviously interested in him. That alone should make him feel more relaxed, don't you think?

12. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

I just spit water all over my keyboard at work. Thanks;) :D

13. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

? :confused:

Crap. If I can't talk about enlightenment with someone I have a crush on, I'm screwed. :p :eek:

EDIT: Oh, for macgeek2005, just try to relax and be nice. Show an interest in her, ask her about what she likes, respect what she thinks, and try to form good conversation around topics that really matter. Adjust to what you think makes her feel comfortable, and relax too if you can.

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

15. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

16. macgeek2005 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for all the advice guys. I just got up, and I'm delighted to see so my responses.

We actually played foosball with a tennis ball the first time we met, because the foosball was missing...... lol.

Thanks again.

17. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You did still win, right?

18. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

19. macgeek2005 thread starter macrumors 65816

We didn't count points. We were talking while playing. I'm kind of ashamed of that, because it's a cheap way of talking without looking at each other.. lol.

20. macgeek2005 thread starter macrumors 65816

Does anyone have anything else to say?

By the way I know I said I didn't brush my teeth in three months in another thread, but that was just a joke. :rolleyes:

21. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

Ouch! Thank you. I now have soda all up my nose. Must remember not to drink or eat while reading MR.....

Oh, and MacGeek, go with the flow. Don't force anything, let the night unfold the way she wants it to. Make sure you listen...and it helps to use what she says as a jumping point to further conversation. This will prove to her you're interested in what she has to say. Let her do most of the talking...

22. macgeek2005 thread starter macrumors 65816

2 questions.

1. What if she doesn't talk? I know the answer to this is ask questions, but what if she'd rather have me talk.

2. What if she doesn't give any signs as to what she wants to do? In this situation it could be one of two things. 1. She could be secretly hoping that i'll take charge and she'll just pretend that she's going along with it, but secretly she really wanted it, or 2. She doesn't wanna do anything.

23. taytho macrumors 6502

yea.... i would agree with a comment earlier.... do not bring up that enlightenment mumbo jumbo. I dont want to get in to the fact that i dont buy it...... but it is too much too soon for the first time you go out with this gal.
    and under no circumstances should you make some comment like only a handful of people in the world are on your wavelength

24. macgeek2005 thread starter macrumors 65816

It would be great if someone could answer these questions.

25. macgeek2005 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, i'm leaving in about 2 and a half hours......... i'm really nervous.