Wishful thinking of a future iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jesteraver, May 16, 2006.

1. jesteraver macrumors 6502

Hope to see sometime in the near future an iMac Intel 30" with Quad-core also with 1 Tb of space and more memory.

Anyways, does anyone know when Apple will release the new iMac Intel with the Blu-ray drive?

Also will update the new MacBook they just released with a better graphics card?

I know its a newb type of question, but I am dieing over here.

I just hope it happens by like July - September 2007.

2. jesteraver thread starter macrumors 6502

PowerMac

Any time frame for the new PowerMac? Also what will they call it now? The IntelMac?

3. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

An announcement at least, can't be too far off, as the PowerMac is the last remaining product (other than xServe I guess) to be put through the Intel blender.

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

30" iMac is to big. They would not sell many.

Yes I fully expect quad core. Sun is selling 8-core chips now for SPARC architecture so Intel can't be far. Maybe in only a couple years we could have quad core iMacs The Intel web site already uses the term "multi-core".

They don't put "graphic cards" in notebooks. They solder "graphic chips" to the main logic board. I doubt they will ever set up the Macbook to be a gamming machine. but I'd expect the next Intel grapic processor to be slightly faster.

Intel did a presentation here in LA a few weeks ago and had a slide showing a gues at what a computer would be like in 45 years. Basically 1TB RAM and 100 processor cores. The joke is that you'd need that to run Windows.