With Adobe Releasing Premier MAC, you gonna try it, or stick with FCP?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by BiikeMike, Mar 31, 2007.

1. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

So, I'm waiting to buy all of my production software until I get myself a desktop, and i'm gonna do it all in one fell swoop. My plan originally was: Octo-Core mac pro, Photo Shop CS3 and Final Cut Studio.

Now, with Adobe's Master Collection, I'm thinking I might go that route, if Premier is worth a poop.

Any Thoughts?

2. Rasheem macrumors regular

3. BiikeMike thread starter macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

I think its an interesting move for Adobe. since they dropped Mac support a while ago, its been Final cut or nuthin'! Premier better knock the socks off people, or no one is even going to bother with it

4. Davowade macrumors regular

I despised premiere so much in my old job that I actually started to EDIT with after effects.

>Not a fan of premiere<

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

now thats awesome...
    if i get CS3 i'm not even gonna bother install it...WOHDS (waste of hard drive space):D

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Premiere is ok, but FCP is awesome. The next version should be even better. They're hoping if they bundle it, people will use it, but I'm guessing they'll stick with FCP. I know I will.

7. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

Sticking With Final Cut Studio 6

Hope the new CS3 AfterEffects will roundtrip well with FCP. I'm buying the entire Master Collection so I'll have the next Premiere for Mac. But I doubt I'll use it much unless AfterEffects needs it to work best. But I doubt they would make that a problem.

BTW. Somebody has hacked this board and everyone has different names now. April Fools!

My shopping list is: OctoCore Mac Pro, 3 Intensity PCIe Cards, CS3 Master Collection, Final Cut Studio 6, and other stuff. :)

8. Davowade macrumors regular

Very nice, I think that we will be upgrading our edit suite i the next 6 months so an 8 core is on the cards for us too. Just can't wait to have AE CS3 on our mac pro to really wring as much performance out of the machine as possible.

9. failsafe1 macrumors 6502a

failsafe1

I gotta stick with FCS cause it is what I got. I don't want to fork over the cash for Premiere unless I stumble across some insane upgrade deal.

10. mustard macrumors 6502a

mustard

I think you will have more than enough time to figure out your needs being that both the Production Suite & Master Collection aren't slated to ship until sometime in June.

11. BiikeMike thread starter macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

Well, with the way things are going, it looks like we won't have a new Mac Pro until then either.

I just hope that they give a free trial download of Premiere so I can try it out on a Mac Pro before dropping a few grand on a piece of software I might not even like!

Although, I guess the academic prices won't differ to much

Adobe Master Collection, $1,000

Adobe CS3 Design Premium, $600 + Final Cut Studio, $700 = $1300.

so for an extra 3 bills, I can get what is considered a much better program

12. mustard macrumors 6502a

mustard

I hear you about the demo - I think it will be a while off though.

Adobe does have an upgrade path particularly for those interested in the Master Collection.

Adobe Master Collection Trade-Up Offer

13. freiheit macrumors 6502a

I'd vote for Premier Elements for Mac

I would like to see Premier Elements for the Mac; something to compete with iMovie but with better/fuller video format support and removing the limitation of 720x480 as the minimum resolution.

14. ColeSear macrumors regular

ColeSear

I've changed from Premiere (Windows) to FCS November last year. I don't think I'll change back soon. With FCS I can make anything I want and Mac is the best platform I've ever used.
    And one big thing for me: I haven't found any information about Panasonic P2 support in Premiere CS3.