With all the Nintendogs hoopla, I didn't see that Advance Wars DS comes out mon!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by spaceballl, Aug 20, 2005.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

AW DS looks incredible, im a massive fan of the GBA games (well, the first one, didnt like the buildings/lasers in the second). im really bad at single player though! and not enough people here play games so im a little stuck.

funny though, im very good at Fire Emblem but terrible at AW.

and yes. monday will be a good DS day :)

3. applekid macrumors 68020

:D

Jeez, missing out on the Advance Wars DS news! How could you?! :p Yeah, with the DS price drop and AWDS finally coming out, I guess it's time I plop down the money... :cool:

4. mac-er macrumors 65816

Since when did Apple own Nintendo?
    Since when was this a Nintendo forum site?
    What is up with all these Nintendo threads?

Since Apple is not associated with Nintendo, I really think these Nintendo threads belong in the Community section/Non-Apple section...not in the Mac Gaming section.

5. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

mac-er, this is the forum with the description, "mac and console games" so i'd say it fits in okay.

6. mac-er macrumors 65816

Oops...my bad.
    :eek:

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

you could also ask the same for any of the other consoles mentioned here. but its been said that this is a Mac and Console board so im going to use this post wisely and say;

What are the new features in Advance Wars DS? how is the dual screen utilized etc?

8. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Apparently, everything is more or less tweaked from the older versions... with just more of everything and everything that used to there better now.

The new features though are having two COs at one time, alternating for cooler effects, bigger maps, "dual screen battles" where you have two attacks going on at once, and a few other things that I don't remember... Should be fun! Although, personally, i really wish that Advance Wars would have been 3D and more touch screen based... Maybe the next one? Oh well at least they delivered a great game.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

ooo Double CO sounds good... bugger! Im stuck for money now till september and i want this. even if its just me and my girlfriend playing.

10. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Yeah I really don't care about Nintendogs but I think I am going to have to get Advanced wars DS. Isn't there a 3d advanced wars in the works for the GC?

11. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I don't know too much about it. It's called Battalion Wars and it comes out Sept 17. Could be fun.

12. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

I'll be buying both Nintendogs and Advance Wars next week (my first two DS games).

13. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

I read in an interview on Battalion Wars that the two games are not really connected to each other. And that it was a mistake from the developers to first name it Advance Wars, since it's two different franchises.

I believe they are the same developers, tho. Not sure. :)

14. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Yup. Same dev. Totally different game.

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I think i remember a lot of backlash too, a lot of people didn't like the look of Battalion Wars. although the end game will look so much better.

its more RTS than TBS.

16. DrNeroCF macrumors 6502

I was so not gonna get Nintendogs, until I played with it for about 5 minutes at Best Buy. Wow, who would have thought that a great physics engine being driven by a touch screen with dogs reacting realistically to everything you poke, throw, toss, fling... would be so cool.

Nintendogs and AW:DS. I guess I really can't complain about the Zelda delay anymore...