With talk about the PM what about PB?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by drewyboy, Apr 23, 2005.

1. drewyboy macrumors 6502a

Now, I feel that the next PM update will be significant. This will let them focus on other things, such as your feeble attempt of an update on the PB. I think it would be good for Apple to use Freescales MPC8641D Dual-Core processor instead of a scaled down G5. If you dont know anything about the Freescale proc. I suggest you read up on it, it seems very promising. Another thing is that it would give Apple the bragging rights for the first dual proc. notebook. I will end with a question... does anyone know anything about the progress of Freescales dual proc? Such as roadmap... prototype... testing... and possible availability? To me, I think Apple will have to do something to its PB line either at Paris or SF.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Do a Search. Please. This has been discussed like a million times already. These chips are only sampling Q3. That means they will not be in volume production till late Q4/Q1 next year at the earliest.

3. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

As robbieduncan said there are numerous threads on this, especially recently. However I remember reading somewhere that the chips would not be ready until early 2006 but that was a few months back. Maybe they jumped ahead faster then they thought but I believe something would have been heard by now if that was the case.