wma playlists?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hadley, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Hadley macrumors member

is it possible to play wma files on OSX with any kind of program? i have flip4mac, and it allows me to play one song at a time on quicktime...but that is pretty annoying. Im currently using a pc to try and convert all these wma files i have into mp3, but about 1000 of them are protected in some form or another and I cant convert. so are there any programs out there that will allow me to create playlists of wma for a mac?

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

There isn't an easy way that I know of. Where did you purcahse the songs from?

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If songs are DRM'd, you're pretty SOL, unless you have rights to burn them on Windows (and then re-rip the burns on the Mac). Otherwise, the easiest thing by far is probably to use Windows iTunes to convert the wma's to AAC files....

4. Hadley thread starter macrumors member

No single place. Some were sent to me through AIM by friends, and a lot were downloaded through DC++ when I was at my old college. Ive just been reburning all my albums into itunes, and unless anyone here knows some kind of secret on how to play wmas, im probably just taking a bunch of cd's and raiding my friends collection to fill in my gaps. oh well.

5. Hadley thread starter macrumors member

Yea the ones im having trouble with are all protected. Oh well, Ill live.