wma plugin for quicktime on intel mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by truz, Feb 12, 2006.

1. truz macrumors 6502a

truz

I'm looking for a wma plugin for quicktime that will work in intel macs. flip4mac currently does not work. Thanks

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Patience is a virtue and all we have at the moment. Shouldn't be too long before Flip4Mac is universal.

3. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

I don't know. I would not hold my breath. They knew intel Macs were coming since summer, but they still don't even have a beta version. I wonder if they actually have any full time employees there.

4. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

They do and it will be soon, there was a link with info on Flip4Mac. As for the first part, so did Adobe as well as others, they won't be ready soon either and they have many full time employees :rolleyes:

5. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Well, comparing flip4mac with one OS to support with Adobe with multiple OS support and vastly more numerous programs to work on is not exactly fair now, is it? :) Anyways, I am just afraid their definition of soon is a matter of months rather than weeks.

6. truz thread starter macrumors 6502a

truz

Bummer. Was hoping to give my windows laptop to my wife :) Guess I still need it for a few things, darn.

7. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

I don't have in an Intel Mac, but the in Apple's webpage describing the 10.4.5 update, it states:

"On an Intel-based Mac, Telestream Flip4Mac now installs correctly."

any verification of this?

8. firedancer macrumors newbie

Still won't play on my Intel iMac with 10.4.5. It won't even load the preference panel saying it couldn't load please contact the developer.