WMD Search Over

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Jan 12, 2005.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Link

So... Rather resigned because he reported false information to the American public based on information he recieved from underlings. When will Bush do the same?

2. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

After we don't find them in Syria. I checked in with Limbaugh for about 5 minutes the other day and he is mentioning Syria again.

3. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

And there's still a possibility that CBS will be able to verify their claim about Bush some other way, but you don't hear Rush going down that road. I wonder why?

4. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

How about 50 years from now when we learn he was lying about Social Security too. But by then he'll be ...

DOH!

5. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Not *precisely* relevent, but funny.

Attached Files:

6. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

That's too late!

I'm actually interested in the excuses the right will come up with to explain why Rather reporting false accusations is bad, yet when Bush does the same thing it's a reason to re-elect him.

Kinda like how they find excuses for why Kerry needed to give up any challenges to the election, yet the WA. GOP is insisting that new elections be held.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I feel bad for these poor people who don't have an exciting project to work on now. Can we get the team who was looking for the WMDs rolled onto a new project to hunt for the elusive Powerbook G5 prototype? I *believe* that it's out there somewhere. I want to believe. :D

8. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

It isn't here at MacWorld. ;)

9. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ah but there are PB G5-program-related-activites are there not? And that's the same thing as having a PB G5 ready to use within 45 minutes, isn't it? :p

10. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Could be. If iPods could kill, this place would be a wasteland.

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

As surely as I'd like to know why I didn't get a copy of iLife '05 pre-installed on my iBook when I ordered it in December of 2003! :D

12. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Why people are treating this as a big deal I do not know. Obvioulsy it's God's will that the WMD remain hidden from all people (for everyone's safety). If God decides that the WMD should be found I'm sure he'll mention it to W in a dream and tell him where they are.

Lethal

13. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

spin alert

link

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I keep thinking of the debate. When Bush tells Kerry "how do you tell our troops that it was the wrong war and the wrong time?" and how I wish he'd said "how do you tell them Mr. President?". How do you tell those that have gotten hurt, or are in harms way (lacking armor and equipment, as well), or the families of those who have gotten killed? Shouldn't this be an impeachable offense? Even if it was just bad information and not just outright lying, it's still enough to deserve someone getting fired. Rummie ain't enough. The Democrats and any Rupublican with a shread of dignity should be fighting this tooth and nail.

Wouldn't that be funny if because of this, it's like a botched drug bust, and the "perp" (Saddam himself) had to be let go because of lack of evidence. Not funny. Sad. That would be sad. And yet there are still people who are claiming it's good Saddam was gone because he was a threat, despite the fact that he really wasn't as bad as we have made things now. Which is pretty bad. What do you wanna bet the conservatives somehow blame the liberals? Like any of us are happy we were right. :rolleyes:

15. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

"La guerra è un omicidio in grande"

Bush is a murderer.

If justice could be had in this life, he and his entire supporting cast would be hanged and thrust into the fires of Hell.

Sadly, we'll have to wait for the Lord to call them, one by one, to their judgement day. For the sake of their souls, I pray they're buried in Nomex.

16. Zaid macrumors 6502

You know whats worse is that the fools who support him will be singing his praises long after his term ends. He is going to turn into one of the "US's greatest presidents" a la Regan. In the US that is.

You know what would make a great documentry
    Getting all the news clips of what bush and blair said about WMD before during and after the war, till now, and puting it together. Doesn't even need much comentry. The juxtoposition of their statements aught to speak volumes to anyone whith two brain cells to rub together.

17. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Well of course we now all know that it wasn't about the WMD, we're there to spread democracy to the oppressed Iraqi people. :rolleyes:

Of course, today the WH is out lowering expectations for the 'spread of democracy'. Today we hear that it will be a success if any kind of election takes place, nevermind if it's a fair or representative election.

Lies and spin. And no one seems willing to call them on it.

18. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

I absolutely refuse to allow that to happen. I agree that people will try it, but I will be there calling ******** to their faces. No quarter, no mercy. Bush is the worst president this country has known, he's a lying moron with delusions of grandeur. Anyone tries to talk him up, I will personally point out that they're full of ****.

19. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    how can the c.i.a., our spies, our satellite images, our informers, our eavesdroppers, our inspectors and all of the thousands of professionals involved in our intelligence gathering be so wrong? the obvious answer is they can't.

all of the dog and pony hoopla that preceeded this war was a calculated lie used to carry out a pre-existing agenda. period.

contrary to the spin, the world isn't safer.