wmv on a dvd

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by airkarol, Jan 27, 2006.

1. airkarol macrumors 6502

Hey -
    Is there any way I can burn a WMV file to a DVD? I am using a Powerbook with the Superdrive. I wasn't able to find any plugins for iMovie allowing me to import WMV files.

Thanx

2. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Only way I can see doing that is to get a PC and convert it with whatever freware program out there to .avi or .mov... then send it to your book... Other than that im not sure...

3. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

what about the flip4mac plug-in for quicktime? i think it allows all quicktime-aware applications (or whatever you call it) to use wmv files.

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

You could try burning it with Finder, though if you want to use it in a DVD player, I'm not sure if this will work.

5. airkarol thread starter macrumors 6502

toast

I converted it to MPEG. Toast is encoding it now, then it will burn. Hopefully this will work.

6. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

if you use the flip4mac plug in for quicktime, toast will be be able to burn it as a DVD

7. airkarol thread starter macrumors 6502

I was trying to avoid buything things. I burned it in Toast but there are a few problems. When I play the DVD in DVD Player on my powerbook, it plays at around 5 times the normal speed, the audio also goes at that speed. On a normal DVD Player in my house, there is no sound. On a Windows computer, and another DVD Player in my house, the movie works fine. Does anyone know the problem there? In toast the Video format was set to NTSC, and the audio was Dolby Digital.