Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onlyONE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
Is there a wmv player that will run on Intel Macs? Flip4Mac does not work on computer...and I really want to watch my cousin wedding video on my iMac. :) I tried on my PC but the screen is so crappy and dark and sound quality so poor I could barely see what was going on. Yuck. Any help is appreciated :)

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I agree with the suggestion to search. There are beta versions of Flip4Mac Universal floating around. I've got one (not the latest) running on my iMac and it works fine. The other option is to use the Popwire WMV Component (Google it), which is already Universal but doesn't include a web-plugin like Flip4Mac does.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Here what I wrote just yesterday. ;)

Ok.
Get Flip4Mac Quicktime Components

You'll need to install it buy Getting Info on the Installer app in the utilities folder.
Check "Launch in Rosetta"
Do the same for Safari while you're at it.

Then install the components, reset Safari if it's open and everything should work.

onlyONE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
Sorry, I did do a search, but now that I look at it I used really poor search words for it and wording it a bit better helped alot. :rolleyes: 'WMV intel' worked really well, while what I used before had turned up nothing. lol. I'll try what you typed bobber and edit the thread to let everyone know this is very much solved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.