WMV to MOV converter?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FadeToBlack, Apr 30, 2005.

1. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

I was wondering if there is a WMV to MOV converter out there anywhere? I've searched and can't find one anywhere. I have a bunch of WMV movies that I'd like to convert to MOV format, as I prefer Quicktime to Windows Media Player. Thanks in advance.

2. FadeToBlack thread starter macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

3. Drum macrumors newbie

Drum

or an AVI to MOV converter...

I have one movie as an .avi file. It was never released, although it was made 35 years ago, and it took me MONTHS to find it.

I got it just before I moved to Mac :(

I've tried the PC program Digital Media Converter. It took hours and seems to only have converted the sound. Anyone know anything that works on the Mac?

4. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    quicktime can play most avi files (and if you have quicktime pro you can export it to another format). you can also try using ffmpegX to convert it (although that program is a bit complicated)

5. Drum macrumors newbie

Drum

I believe that's so, but it won't play this little sweetie! I had heard of ffmpegX (and it being complicated). Might have to give it a go. The movie runs an hour and a half so it takes AGES to convert. And then, when you find it hasn't....!

6. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
  7. FadeToBlack thread starter macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

I just downloaded Quicktime 7 today. I'd like to know if it's compatible before I installed it. Thanks for the link, though. That's awesome.

8. Invizzible macrumors regular

VLC (VideoLan Client) is a great player (free too, I think) that plays every .avi file I've ever thrown at it.