WMV to QT

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by TheT, Oct 30, 2002.

1. TheT macrumors 6502

Okay, so I looked for about 3 hours at every place I could possibly think of, but I couldn't find a way to convert .wmv files to any QuickTime format an a mac. There is a way to convert it to .mpg on a PC, but you can't really do video conversion with Virtual PC...
    My problem is that those new BMW films only come in Windows Media Player format, and this crappy M$-product shows me about 2 fps on my G3 400 iMac.
    So, for now, I asked a friend with a PC to download it, convert it and burn it on a CD, so I can watch it.
    But there just has to be a way to do this under MacOS X! Please tell me there is one!

2. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

3. TheT thread starter macrumors 6502

:eek: That's awesome!
    I downloaded the film about a week ago, and all there was was a wmv. file, no quicktime and no enhanced player. I am so happy now :D Finally, they've seen that wmv is crap :)
    Though I don't need to convert now anymore, it still leaves my question. I'm just wondering: Is it possible?

4. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

It's was just my kind of film aswell. I hope the next one is this good.

It's the best advertising any car company has ever come up with in my opinion.

I know most people wouldn't complain about owning a BMW Z3 anyway but it's so cool to see it in such a good short film aswell.

5. TheT thread starter macrumors 6502

It's a Z4 :D
    But yeah, I do love those films, too! When the first ones came out, I burned 'em all on a DVD with iDVD.. really cool :)