Woh! Scary!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mcs37, Apr 3, 2003.

1. mcs37 macrumors regular

mcs37

2. Datazoid macrumors regular

I think this was just an April Fools Joke (note the date on the article).

3. 000111one111000 macrumors regular

That's not even on the CNN site. Erase everything in the link except for the IP address and port number, and it'll take you to "Josh's Computer" or something.

Kind of obvious it's fake though. If Bush were to have said something like that, we'd see it all over the place.

enoch

4. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

Plus there was a bunch of grammatical errors. CNN editors would have picked up on those. You never see more than one in a CNN article.

Alia

5. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

This is the kind of article that spreds pannic.

6. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    nicely done though. i can't see any typos mind, or grammatical errors, yeah some things weren't written in proper english, but then so many articles aren't these days.

if you click the "email this" link, it comes up with the headline and everything, is that easy to do?

7. mcs37 thread starter macrumors regular

mcs37

Thanks for the comments. :) It scared a whole lot of people and generated 6,000 hits to my box hosting it. My school got angry for copyright violation, so I had to move it to the current box in California.

My muslim friends thought it was hilarious! I didn't really notice any grammar problems, though....

But some people did catch the "Remember this is April Fool's Day" sentence at the bottom. It's scary how easy it was to spread disinformation so rapidly over the Net. What if someone went to more effort than me in doing this, and copied MSNBC sites and so forth? You could spread a whole lot of panic fast.

Mike

8. eyeslikeartsson macrumors newbie