Wolfenstein Enemy Territory for Mac Petition

Discussion in 'Games' started by rebeargc, Jul 13, 2003.

1. rebeargc macrumors newbie

Jul 13, 2003
    Ok ive played the game wolfenstein enemy territory on my friend's windows computer and it was the BEST game i have ever played. Its WAY better tan counterstrike, medal of honor, and americas army. SO here is a like that i hope everyone will sign and help mac users get this GREAT game ported to mac.

2. Wes macrumors 68020

Jun 22, 2001
    This won't make you very popular around here. As I understand it, most Mac developers will want to port it, but licensing can cost a fortune. I wish you good luck for the flaming that may follow.
  3. CaVoLo macrumors member

Feb 1, 2003
    they already have released "return to castle wolfenstien" for mac....i dont see why they would not release an expansion (i'm assuming thats what this is).

THey did that with medal of honor....then they released the expansion....so who knows.

although i think making a petition is a dumb thing and a waste of time but whatever floats your boat :)
  4. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001
    The descision to port a game is based on several factors:

A. Sales performance on the PC side
    B. Licensing cost to profit ratio
    C. Estimated ease and speed of porting

A petition will not factor into any descision. Believe me, all it will do is irritate the porting programmers for being told how to do their job.
  5. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

May 18, 2003
    Man, is it just me or do some people in the mac community petition a LOT? Petition for cheaper hardware prices :p
  6. ChoMomma macrumors 6502

yeah ah.. it's a free "expansion" so I doubt they will make Mac OS X port unless one of the developers wants to personally.
  7. qedigital macrumors newbie

Apr 5, 2003
    Just to clarify, Enemy Territory is NOT an expansion pack for RTCW. It is a free stand-alone multiplayer game from ID Software. Enemy Territory also features improved graphics and gameplay features not found in multiplayer RTCW such as a campaign mode. The game was initially released with a single mission but has since been expanded. I was quite surprised to find that this game was freely available for Windows and Linux. The only explanation I can think of for the price tag is a desire to bring even more attention to the Wolfenstein name and perhaps test out the popularity and capabilities of the improved multiplayer features.
  8. Jimong5 macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2002
    Bad News

When I saw this thread, I decided to email Aspyr (the porters of the origional RtCW) askig them about it: I got this email in reply:

9. ddtlm macrumors 65816

Aug 20, 2001
    Hmm, I've played Wolf-ET as well, but found it to be inferior to Battlefield 1942. I think that too many of the W-ET maps just turn into mindless run-run-die cycles.
  10. job macrumors 68040

Jan 25, 2002
    in transit
    Re: Bad News

There may be a slight chance that an independent Mac team (read mod team) could port it over. Maybe, just maybe. I have no hard evidence to back that up, but it is a slight possibility, albeit a lesser one.

I don't know if the engine itself has been modified as it is a stand-alone game, but surely the .pk3 files are cross platform compatable.
  11. couch potato macrumors regular

Jan 20, 2003
    i have enemt territory for PC, but i dont play it much because i dont use my PC:D the game is so much better than rtcw. there is a crap-load of guns, and the levels are really cool. it would be awesome if this came to mac