Wolfenstein Enemy Territory Min Specs

Discussion in 'Games' started by Patmian212, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Hi all,
    I got the urge to try enemy territory and if its anything like AA I will love it. Thing is its annoying to play on my ibook because of the small screen and stuff so I wanted to know if it will run decently on the sawtooth in my signature, I googled it already to check the min specs but nothing really came up.
    Thanks for the help
    Patmian212

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

3. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

In short: no. The video card and processor are both severely lacking.

Why don't you just connect your Sawtooth's monitor to your iBook?

irmongoose

4. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

Anybody run this on a PB 1ghz. I used to play this a lot on the PC prior to switching but i had given up all hope of playing it again. This could really ruin my life!

Anyone?

5. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Havent thought of the whole connectin the monitor to the ibook thing but I guess I'll give it a whirl, does this by any chance split my Vram to 16mb cuz of the mirroring?

6. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Under normal circumstances, connecting your iBook to an externa display will not slip the VRAM as it is just being mirrored, not extended. If you use the screen spanning hack then you will have to split your VRAM for each display, but 'out of the box' so to speak you will get the full 32mb VRAM in one piece when you attach an external display.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i also believe there is a hack that will allow you to run your book in clamshell mode, which will allow you the use of only the once screen, if you are worried about it though i would just leave the lid opened....

8. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I did that with a 933mhz G4 iBook I had for awhile, and I personally, felt it was too hot when doing anything but email/web work. I'd leave the laptop open as the space between the keys was designed there to let heat escape.

9. Hydra macrumors regular

Hydra

Tried it on my 1.2GHz 12" iBook and goddamn it's slow and choppy. No go.
    It ran alot better on my A64 I previously had :rolleyes:

10. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

I tried ET when it first came on for Mac. The game ran a little funky. For about a minute the game would run fine, then choppy. A minute later it would run fine again, then after another minute choppy. In the end, the game wasn't worth playing with a lot of people on big maps.

Also, this game is nothing like America's Army besides the fact you shoot people with guns.

11. doucy2 macrumors 65816

doucy2

wolfenstein is way better in my opinion than AA
    i run both games on g4 1ghz sonnet 1.5gb 80gb ati 9000 tiger
    i sugest that you upgrade the sawtooth
    then you can play tons of games

12. minkis macrumors regular

does anyone know the web address where i can download it

13. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Try here. :)

14. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Can some one please outline the main differences between ET and AA apart from the fact that the guns are different and so is the time frame.
    Thanks

15. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

Just been playing it on my 1ghz 12in pb. worked pretty well i have to admit. Damn i thought that i said goodbye to wolfie when i moved out of my mum's and away from my little brother's desktop. Now i am done for all over again!! No matter the one button mouse is a bit of a let down for a game like this, how do other people manage?

16. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Don't play AA much but there seems to be a stronger focus on realism versus the more entertainment-based attitude of ET. Et is pretty complicated but I usually play campaigns whereby I join a team (allies or axis) and pick a profession and then just keep killing the opposition and trying to achieve objectives such as blowing up a fuel dump.

Professions:

1. Medic - heals people, gives them health, has rejuvenating health and a higher amount of health and is therefore best for the n00bs, although it only has limited ammo. :p

2. Engineer - needed for doing most major objectives such as laying dynamite, also repairs fixed guns, creates walls in designated spots and defuses/lays mines.

3. Covert ops - can use scoped guns, can take oppositions' uniform, can lay satchel charges which are like small bombs, can lay smoke to provide momentary cover.

4. Field ops - can lay ammo boxes, can initiate air strikes and brief periods of artillery support.

5. Soldier - can handle the big weapons such as panzerfaust and flame thrower.

It's a pretty funky game, I recommend trying it out, especially since it's free. It's actually pretty much the only game I play (as mad jew too, if you bump into me). :)

17. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

I tried wolfenstein and I really liked it but I wanted to know is there any map which is like the map on AA called "bridge crossing" because all the maps I have tried so far are very complicated and large, can anybody suggest me a small simple map on ET?
    Thanks
    Patmian212

18. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

No way. It runs pretty well on my 800 iMac. It is sure to run well on your machine.

Probably your net connection is too slow.

irmongoose

19. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Well the game was written with massive online multi-player in mind, so I have yet to come across smaller maps like in RtCW.

irmongoose

20. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

God knows what it's called but there is a map where there's a broken bridge in the middle that you have to repair and each team spawns on opposite sides. There are numerous sniper points and the chasm can be traversed in opposite ways. It's a great map that lends itself to severl different styles of play!

21. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Fuel dump? :)