Wolfenstein: ET performance...help me!

Discussion in 'Games' started by freeorangeshoes, Oct 20, 2005.

1. freeorangeshoes macrumors member

Dec 27, 2004
    so i just discovered this game (thanks to these boards), and it's loads of fun! still not very good yet, but enjoying it none-the-less.

im playing on a Rev D 12" PB (1.5 ghz, 1.256 MB RAM) and during intense battles, the framerate will really slow down. anyone have any performance enhancing tricks? i heard something about changing com_hunkmegs to 512 or something, but the setting never seems to "stick". any and all help would be appreciated!

and does anyone know why sometimes i get a message about unpure .pk3 files when i just installed the game??

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

Dec 7, 2002
    Florida, USA
    hunkmegs of 512 is wayyy too big. Try 128. The best way to up your overall speed is to set r_picmip to a higher number. 0 is extreme detail, 1 is normal, 2 should run perfectly. Just look up a place for Quake3 speed improvments and look at what they say. ET is a Quake3 engine game, so anything said there will apply to ET (mostly).
  3. freeorangeshoes thread starter macrumors member

Dec 27, 2004
    thanks for the tip. which "etconfig" file should i change? it seems like there are three or four of them when i spotlight it, and they all look similiar/the same. do i need to change them all?