Wolfenstein: ET performance...help me!

Discussion in 'Games' started by freeorangeshoes, Oct 20, 2005.

1. freeorangeshoes macrumors member

so i just discovered this game (thanks to these boards), and it's loads of fun! still not very good yet, but enjoying it none-the-less.

im playing on a Rev D 12" PB (1.5 ghz, 1.256 MB RAM) and during intense battles, the framerate will really slow down. anyone have any performance enhancing tricks? i heard something about changing com_hunkmegs to 512 or something, but the setting never seems to "stick". any and all help would be appreciated!

and does anyone know why sometimes i get a message about unpure .pk3 files when i just installed the game??

thanks!!!

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

hunkmegs of 512 is wayyy too big. Try 128. The best way to up your overall speed is to set r_picmip to a higher number. 0 is extreme detail, 1 is normal, 2 should run perfectly. Just look up a place for Quake3 speed improvments and look at what they say. ET is a Quake3 engine game, so anything said there will apply to ET (mostly).

3. freeorangeshoes thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the tip. which "etconfig" file should i change? it seems like there are three or four of them when i spotlight it, and they all look similiar/the same. do i need to change them all?