wolfenstein resolution question?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ijimk, Sep 2, 2004.

1. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

I have a new 20 inch cinema display and just bought Return to castle wolfenstein.Is there a way to run RTCW at the reolution 1680 by 1050? I was able to do it with quake 3, but the files in application folder are different for these two games. Anyone please help me change my resolution please.

2. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

I figured it out guys. You go in Wolfenstein>Main>wolfconfig.cfg . Then you adjst your screen resolution and make sure mode is -1. If you have any more questions look on forums for quake 3 resolution problems and follow those. :)

BTW This is one of the BEST FPS EVER!!!!! I cant wait for doom 3 for mac! come on ID dont leave us out in the cold.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I thought it was OK 'cept for one level which was virtually impossible and the final boss level was a bit disappointing.

4. Babboia macrumors newbie

hi guys :)

do u know if there's a plan to port RTCW:ET to mac?
    i'm an ET player and I would like to use my mac for playing ET :)

bye

5. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

nope...no ET :(

No matter what anyone says....don't believe them. There have been willing porters in the past all slapped with a *STOP* cause of copyright probs.

-btw I'M BACK TO THE FORUMS!!! (been a while *sigh*)

6. AssassinOfGates macrumors 6502

Well, Brad Oliver offered to port it for free. Although splash damage wanted it to happen, Activision was lazy. Banimod, makers of the great banimod for RtCW began talking with the folks at ID, only to be once again stopped by Activision. Um, Silicon Ice Development is also going to try and port it when they have time, if they can ever get Activision's permission. The main reason behind their attempt is because a large number of the players for Urban Terror are mac junkies. Since they're porting the mod to RtCW:ET, they will try to make sure that we come along. NO guarantees, and I'm going to be a pessimist on this one. Shame, I'm a fan of both RtCW and Urban Terror.

7. Little Endian macrumors 6502a

Open the console by pushing the tilde '~' key.
    Enter the following at the console prompt:
    /set r_customwidth "XXXX"
    /set r_customheight "XXXX"
    /set r_mode -1
    /vid_restart
    Press the Enter key.
    Push the tilde '~' key again to close the console.
    Replace the XXXX with desired resolution value while ommitting the Quotations.

This works in virtually all Quake III based games and is the quickest way since you can do it from within the games terminal without quitting.

Now if anyone could tell me how to set custom resolutions on the fly within UT2K3 or UT2K4 or better yet Halo I would greatly appreciate that.

8. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

in ureal 2004 i did not have to do anything except go to options and change to 1680 by 1050. once i had my new display hooked up game already recognized it. dont know what else to tell you if this doesnot work. what resolution do you want to run it at?

9. Little Endian macrumors 6502a

I want 1440*900, maybe my imac 1Ghz G4 cant handle that so it does'nt give me that option.