Wolfenstein Server Set Up

Discussion in 'Games' started by WillRTCW, Sep 22, 2003.

1. WillRTCW macrumors newbie

Hi

We are running a dedicated RTCW server, using the 1.41 patch (1.32 never installed, so no problems there).

We are having a problem with pc users not being able to get onto the server - they load up, and then seem to get booted before they have a chance to pick a team. I assume it is pc users because anyone with a mac can get on no problem.

This happens to everyone (on pc) that comes on, so we obviously have something wrong in our setup. I'd be really grateful for any help, so I've listed what info I can below:

1. We are not running any mods - we have entered standard motd and server info into the original config file, but we're not doing osp, shrub or bani or anything.

2. We are using all standard maps, so there shouldn't be any .pk3 issues.

3. We are running a map rotation file, so there could be a problem there.

I guess the question is should we be running either a totally unedited original config, or should we be running a mod - I'd be really grateful for any help, because there are only two of us at the minute, and it's getting very boring! It's also very frustrating to keep seeing the "^&%£$ Diconnected" message.

Thanks for any help,

Will

2. WillRTCW thread starter macrumors newbie

<EDIT>I've been onto a couple of osp servers, and they seem to work pretty well, so I'm going to give that a try - I just downloaded OSP for mac, and had a look in there, and it seems to have pretty much everything I want.

My question now is this - Do I just replace the existing original .cfg file in my Main folder with the osp .cfg (and maprotation/banned etc)?

Sorry for being a dunce, but this is all a bit new to me,

Thanks,

Will.