Wolfowitz on shortlist for World Bank top post

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Mar 1, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

aghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

3. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Carly? That's bull***t. Though she is best at the marketing parts, and working for this Administration requires little independant thought. She would be perfect for the reasons they want her I guess.

4. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Wolfie, as head of the World Bank? Let's see, any country that doesn't accept the Bush administration's definition of democracy will have its loans called in? No money for those left-leaning South American governments in order curtail the "pink tide"? What else could he do to remove the fig leaf from the World Bank's image of impartiality? This has disaster written all over it. It also goes to show that the "Peter Principle" was written with these fools in mind.

5. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

The World Bank doesn't offer that good a deal anyway. I posted a link to a book and an interview with the author that covers some of what the World Bank and IMF really do. It may just be a way to finance all the wars we are fighting right now.

6. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

President of the World Bank is probably one of the most powerful positions in the world. I'm tempted to say that this is bad bad bad bad news, but to be honest I don't think it will really make much difference, the world bank really can't get much worse as it is! Can it? :eek: