Woman Accused of Attacking Snoring Husband

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by craigdawg, Jun 17, 2005.

1. craigdawg macrumors 6502

2. apple2991 macrumors 6502

Snoring is annoying and there isn't enough day-to-day violence in people's lives.

Move on.

3. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Simple assault!? Just curious, what if she stabbed a total stranger with a pen and bounced a dumbbell off his noggin? Would that change the charges?

I think her home life is about to become a lot less pleasant. Snooring wont seem so bad when the war of the roses begins...

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I'm glad my wife is slightly more considerate.

Perhaps that wife could have found a better solution, but she was probably being driven batty and was sleep deprived. And foolish and mean.

There are better choices: consulting a sleep clinic or an ear, nose, and throat doctor, or trying something cheaper: the nose stick-ons that claim to reduce snoring by increasing airflow through the nostrils. I've also heard of people sewing a tennis ball into the back of pajamas to keep the snorer from sleeping on his back ("his" because it's usually but not always a man) .

5. emw macrumors G4

emw

You think?

Also, the weights were apparently 3 lb weight, most likely the plastic kind. The guy apparently had endured this before, as he already had scratches from "other attacks."

She's a keeper.

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

scary :p

My wife's smacked or shoved me before for snoring...no matter how bad it is, what this woman did is just a little too much - if its that big a deal, there are things that he can do to prevent it....

Like you said, She's a keeper :D

D

7. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Yep, definitely a keeper! :D :D

There are many gentle ways to stop someone from snoring. No need to revert to stabbing or bonking them with a 3lb weight.

She is just using that as an excuse to attack her keeper! :D

Sushi

8. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Some of you obviously have never had to hear someone snoring enough to shake a room while trying to sleep.
    When I'm trying to sleep and there is someone snoring beyond the means of a human, I would/get very violent towards that person. If it means stabbing them , then by all means I will do so. There are no doctors to give relief at 2am. :rolleyes:

9. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    One of my ex boyfriends snored really badly - he had sleep apnea so I used to wake up and hear him stop snoring and not be sure whether it was because he'd stopped breathing or he'd woken up. However, since we were sharing a bed when he started snoring badly, I'd nudge him with an elbow til he rolled over and stopped.

I have a girl pal that I've had to share a room with on various occasions who also snores very loudly. Since we weren't sharing a bed (and she isn't aware she snores) there wasn't much I could do. I did resort to stretching a leg out of my bed and kicking hers on occasion. There are nights where stabbing would have been considered!

In the end, I bought in-ear headphones, created a 'sleep' playlist on the iPod and learned to sleep to music.

10. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Good for you.

There are so many alternatives to violent action towards your loved one for snoring.

Usually simple touching on a particular area (varies from person to person) will cause most people to shift their position and stop snoring. Another menthod is to move their sheet/blanket a bit which will cause them to adjust as well.

Sushi

11. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Wrong!

It's just that there are so many ways to get someone to stop snoring other than hitting/stabbing them.

I guess this comes from living with folks who are much bigger than me. You learn alternative ways so that you don't get your butt creamed when they wake up! :eek: :D

Sushi

12. mvc macrumors 6502a

mvc

Separate Beds, Separate Rooms, both better solutions than impalement by writing implement.

As for the dumbells, at the gym I do some dumbell exercises called skullcrushers - now I know how they got their name ;)

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove