Woman grows drugs and has charity pay her bills

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sdashiki, May 17, 2006.

1. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

I dont get this really:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/05/16/national/a061601D50.DTL

How do you not have the money to pay your bills....and yet have the capacity to rack up $1600+ on your electric bill?

Cmon, only people who grow drugs in their house have a bill that large.

Plus she has used Social Security money (my money), Salvation Army money and "Consumers" (not sure of that one)....

Jeez, cmon lady wtf are you running in your house? A friggen particle accelerator?

ps: ok perhaps she just got behind in payments and they racked up, but again $1600 is alot of electricity AND if they shut her power off for a penny, I would think one months bill overdue would also get it shut off.

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

somehow I think that if she was growing drugs she'd have the money to pay her electric bill...

3. Sdashiki thread starter macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Not if she didnt follow the addage:

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

The power companies, greedy bastards though they be, don't tend to cut off power if you're late on just one month's bill, so I'd assume this was after a number of unpaid months. And those who have electric heat and larger and/or older homes can tell you that's not an unbelievable bill for that amount of time.

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Damn that sucks...one cent and they turn her off...i think they were mad because she paid in full...greedy bastards!

Bless

6. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

I can attest to that. My sister and her hubby bought a drafty, fairly old home and during their first winter they once had a heating bill over $900 for the month. You can bet they quickly started investing in ways to make the home more efficient. Yikes!

7. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

In Los Angeles during the summer months, running air conditioning and heating a pool, I paid upwards of $500 per month for utilities. I could understand how such amounts can add up... with or without a particle accelerator.

8. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
  9. vniow macrumors G4

Can anyone point me to where it mentions that she's growing drugs in the article?

10. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

I must be blind as well. :confused:

11. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

It doesn't...the OP just assumed that was the only way she could have a power bill that high. :rolleyes: