Woman runs over husband for not voting

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skottichan, Nov 12, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

skottichan

Oh this is glorious levels of crazy. I'm amazed that someone felt "despair at the re-election of Barack Obama", to the point that they attempted to murder a person whom they professed to marry.

Also, these are the people who say that my desire to marry my girlfriend would somehow demean the sanctity of marriage.

2. macrumors P6

Peace

My guess is they had marriage problems other than just political.

Well at least the wife did.

3. macrumors 6502a

4. AhmedFaisal, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013

<snip>

5. macrumors G3

Renzatic

Took the words right out of my mouth. Rousing the rabble is as much to blame for this as any possible mental issue the woman might have.

If whole groups of people are listening to someone who keeps telling them there's a "they" out there, and "they" intend on taking away everything you know and love, of course there are going to be people panicking when "they" get elected.

6. macrumors 68030

I have no problem with this. It's my firm belief that the Darwin Awards will have many noble entries this year. And each time there is a posthumous nomination, the average American IQ goes up a smidgen of a percentage point.

7. macrumors 6502

MadeTheSwitch

How dumb. I could see her going into a rage if their state went blue, but their state already voted for Romney. Her husband's vote wouldn't have made the state even more red. Although if he voted the other way it might have cancelled her vote out. In light of the way she acted, she should be more concerned about that! :D

8. macrumors 68040

Anuba

Darwin Awards, 2008 election, winner:

[​IMG]

Darwin Awards, 2012 election, nominees:

1) Woman runs over husband with car for not voting

[​IMG]

2) Anti-gay bigot torches box of Cheerios

9. macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Liberals just don't do things like this. This is just another example of the GOP being a breeding ground for crazies. Not saying all republicans are this nuts, im just saying their party creates a warm cozy environment for parasites like this to thrive.

10. macrumors G3

Renzatic

I could argue that they do, as an extreme version of something is bound to attract the crazies. The reason we see it in the GOP more often than not is because the party has gone a little too far over to the right, whereas American liberals tend to be more centrist if anything.

Take it a little too far to the left though, and it'll look like we've elected PETA to congress.

11. macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

For the record, the guy who torched the Cheerios died of a heart attack a few days after that. Maybe he should have ate some Cheerios, didn't he know they're good for his heart? Or at least the black hole that was in its place....

12. macrumors 68000

IBradMac