Won Eizo 21" LCD yesterday!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by chaosbunny, Dec 15, 2005.

1. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Hi everybody! As the title says I won an Eizo FlexScan S21110W 21" LCD Monitor yesterday! This is just sooooo cool!

Ok, so a local apple store organized software information evenings every wednesday. Very well done speeches by professionals about various themes around the mac & free sandwiches and drinks afterwards. One evening back in october the theme of the day was color management, and among others a salesperson from Eizo spoke about color profiles, calibration etc. At the end he announced that there would be this monitor drawn by lots at the last event on the 14th of december. Well yesterday me and my girlfriend were there and after learning a little bit new about iLife there was the drawing. First they wanted to determine the winners by a random number generator on the mac but the other 4 prices (mouses etc) were all given to people who were not there this evening but at some other one. So the guys decided to give the monitor to someone who was here. We all wrote our names on little sheets and put them into a bowl. Then they picked a name... actually it wasn't me, but my girlfriend. :D

Before we had made fun about it and decided if she wins I get the monitor and I'll buy her a 12" ibook. (my girlfriend currently uses a 5-6 years old 300 mhz orange G3 ibook and sometimes my cube)

The screen works flawlessly, no dead pixels, and sooo pretty bright colors! I can see why this is an expensive professional monitor, since the colors don't change no matter what the viewing angle is like. Truly, truly awesome.

Sorry for the long post simply had to share todays happiness!

:) :) :)

2. crazysaxchris macrumors member

crazysaxchris

cool! I wish I could win a new win a new moniter. I never really win anything,

**Grunts, with jealousy****

3. adk macrumors 68000

adk

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Congrats, that sounds great! And yes, some pics would be nice. :)

5. generik macrumors 601

generik

Ironically it costs only a wee more than a ACD, just goes to show how overpriced the ACD is :rolleyes:

6. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

*wipes away tears of nostalgia for old, blue, 300 mhz G3 ibook that carried him through grad school ... *

blueberryibook.jpg

7. chaosbunny thread starter macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Sorry guys! Sooo here's a picture of my new setup:

P1010002.jpg

P.s.: My girlfriend has her ibook already. We changed the deal a little bit after I looked up the actual price of the display. It goes for about the same money as a 12" ibook here in austria so she agreed to participate in the cost of the ibook a little bit. This way we both are happy winners now. :D :D

Edit: Don't have picture of the ibook now but I guess we'll put all our macs together some time soon for a group photo.

8. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

Phoar, wish I could win something like that. Never have any *luck* in these kind of things

Hope you enjoy it

::20ROGEGERSC::

9. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

LOL!!! That's a winner.