Wonder Showzen - the funniest most insane show on tv

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by motulist, May 6, 2006.

1. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

I just started watching Wonder Showzen and geez, it is the funniest most insane show on tv right now. I was hooked immediately. After watching it for the first time I had to go and download every episode. I'm completely hooked. If you've never seen it before you should go out of your way to watch at least one episode. It is not for everyone, in fact I'd guess that most people will hate it, but for the minority of people that will like it, they will really really like. But be warned, it is filled with a lot of offensive material and is not for the weak of heart.

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I've seen clips from the show. Not at all what I expect from MTV (meaning the show is actually pretty funny at times).

3. motulist thread starter macrumors 68040

motulist

Totally. How a smart, funny, irreverent show actually got green lighted by the MTV execs is beyond me. The Wonder Showzen guys must've slipped something into the executive's half-caf ginger and all spice grande cafe' lattes.

4. bursty macrumors 6502a

bursty

5. motulist thread starter macrumors 68040

motulist

I agree that it can be annoying, but usually the amount it makes me laugh far outweighs the amount it annoys me. "Kids on the beat, kids on the beat - Beat Kids! Beat Kids!" :D

6. iShane macrumors 6502a

Ohh! I love that show. Its so funny, but yea it can be annoying.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I LOVE that show! I've been waiting for something like this since W got in office. :) It's irreverent, fun and definitely not for kids! :D

8. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

9. motulist thread starter macrumors 68040

motulist

I even just watched most of the season 1 dvd extras, but it was obvious why they were "extras." I blame FHM for turning me into a junkie. If it wasn't for an article in FHM about Wonder Showzen then I don't think I ever would've went out of my way to see the show, but after my first taste I was hooked. Now I need my fix all the time.

10. motulist thread starter macrumors 68040

motulist

Now that I've watched all 8 episodes from season 1 and all the dvd extras, what am i gonna do to feed my habit now?!? Thankfully they've been picked up for a second season, but I can't wait that long!

11. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Do you remember what issue this article was in? I don't remember seeing it, but I'd like to.

12. motulist thread starter macrumors 68040

motulist

OMG! I just checked tv.com and it says that they are already in their second season! It shows that there are 7 episodes out in season 2 already! I have to have self control and ration them out to myself slowly... Who am I kidding, I'm about to fire up some serious downloads.

13. motulist thread starter macrumors 68040

motulist

It was either in the most recent issue or the one before that. If I'd have to guess I'd say it's in the 2nd to most recent issue. I threw it out a while ago but I'd like to read it again too since at that time I didn't really pay attention to it because I didn't know how awesome the show is.

14. motulist thread starter macrumors 68040

motulist

15. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Oh my God! I'm netflixing this and moving it to the top of my queue! After watching a whole bunch of clips on Youtube I'm sure I will love it! :D

The Q&As are priceless :).

e

16. motulist thread starter macrumors 68040

motulist

See man, now I got you hooked too. Then you'll tell someone and then they'll tell someone else, and before you know it the entire nation is hooked on Wonder Showzen! Where will it all end! We need the federal government to create a task force to stop the spread of the deadly Wonder Showzen.

17. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Adult Swim.

That is all.

18. motulist thread starter macrumors 68040

motulist

Do you recognize the synthesized voice that intro's the Q & A section? (at about a minute into the episode posted above) That's "Fred" from Apple's built in text-to-speech!

19. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

It just sounds like any other computer programmed voice.

20. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Alot of programs/shows/songs/etc use the Apple voices I've noticed, seems to be the popular thing to do. (Well, they are really cool :p)

21. motulist thread starter macrumors 68040

motulist

Actually, most of them are quite distinct. I looked around a lot for good voices to use for proof reading and it seems to me that they all sound unique from one another.

22. motulist thread starter macrumors 68040

motulist

Yeah, I think Radiohead were the first in the mainstream media who used it. That was many years ago (10?) and after that it was just a non stop flood showing up all over the place.

23. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I received the 1st disc of the first season on DVD via Netflix today :). I'm totally enjoying watching them :D.

e

24. motulist thread starter macrumors 68040

motulist

Glad I could hook you up with a good recommendation. Now the only advice I can give you is to try and not watch them all at once because they're only in the middle of making season 2 right now. So you gotta make 'em last.