Wonder TV to use iMac as PC monitor?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bellis1, Apr 24, 2005.

1. bellis1 macrumors 6502

Feb 9, 2003
    I was wondering if anyone has an El Gato wonder TV setup and if it might be able to be used to display video out from a windows box. The max video out resolution I have on my PC is 1024x768 which in this case (limited use) would be satisfactory but the El Gato website says max resolution for wonder TV (for recording?) is 720x576. Can you adjust the viewing window to be full screen on an iMac G5. I don't have room for two monitors and I'd really like to get away from my current setup which requires VNC or remote desktop (over LAN). Any ideas how wonder TV might perform for this? Thanks.
  2. matticus008 macrumors 68040

Jan 16, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    You would need a video input on the iMac, which I don't believe it has, at least in the sense of being able to use the iMac screen as a second monitor. You can use the PC monitor as a second monitor for the iMac, though, and get dual monitors that way. If you need the PC as a source, just buy another display for it and make room. The iMac was not meant to be used as a monitor.