Wonderful Find

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Macmaniac, Apr 22, 2002.

1. macrumors 68040

I am so happy! Today while I was at my Grandparents house I made a wonderful find!
    I found a Mac SE and a Powerbook 150 in my grandfathers study! They both work and the powerbook is like new! They have some fun old games like diamonds! They both run OS 6.0.4! Have a look!
    I apologize for the poor quality this was taken on a video camera with a still feature.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2001
    I think I might be getting a free SE today. Can I get this thing on the net for email? browse?
  3. macrumors 6502

Jan 3, 2002
    Atlantic City area

Where in NJ are you? North, Central or South?
  4. macrumors 68040

Oct 28, 2001
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Me too!

Today, my dad brought home a Mac Classic that has been in storage for about 4 years now! I cleaned it, and seriously, it is the best looking Classic I have ever ever seen. Has not one mis-color, or scratch/mark NOTHING!

It was cool because it had Word, Kid Pix :D, Shadowgate, Ants, and some other really cool stuff on it. Also has a 20MB hard drive!

I will post a picture in a while....
  5. macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    Um. I know you can email with 'em, and i'm pretty sure you can browse... Probably even supports Netscape 2 (best version ever made)... I've used them on LANs before, but i think if you just pop a modem on the serial jack, toss in some drivers, it should work well...

assuming it has a HD... if only 2 floppies, don't hold your breath...

6. thread starter macrumors 68040

In respnse to theranch Central Jersey. It appears that my grandpa added a NuDesign HD to it(Below unit) It has all of its orginal floppies, and they look brand new. Only trick is to find a box. The sound still works and very well I might add. There is no Happy Computer face when you turn it on, it had the original start up with a pixelated picture of the computer and mouse.
    Here is some more eye candy!

Attached Files:

7. macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001
    Not bad little computers. I actually have the same models sitting around my house along with a Mac II and a PB160. Does the powerbook have a battery? Batteries can be hard to find for these old laptops.
  8. macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    My first mac was a Powerbook 150 with 16MB of ram I guess.
  9. thread starter macrumors 68040

I will have to check, it does have its wall plug in though. It is noisy when it starts up! Gotta love those old HardDrives!