Wonderful Saturday

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Deepdale, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Deepdale macrumors 68000

May 4, 2005
    New York
    After leaving work yesterday I walked five blocks to the library to pick-up three videotapes that were being held for me -- The Beatles: First U.S. Visit, The Beatles Live and The Compleat Beatles. I have watched them all and what a special treat it was reliving the excitement and frenzied atmosphere that surrounded their arrival in New York City in February 1964.

The Compleat Beatles is the far more comprehensive documentary that traces the origins of those early days in Liverpool when John Lennon's first band known as the Quarrymen was formed and later went through various name changes to Johnny and the Moondogs, the Silver Beetles and, finally, the Beatles.

It was fun watching those exuberant performances at clubs in Liverpool and Hamburg. And how can one not be amused at listening to Ed Sullivan announce that he was coming to us live from Miami Beach (although Ed felt it was really known as "My-Amma" Beach).

This would be an outstanding introduction to the most influential of all bands to the young members of MR who may not be very familiar with much of the Beatles legacy. I have always loved their music and appreciate it more now than at any prior time in my life. Thanks to the four boys for a fabulous trip down memory lane.
  2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    Every Saturday is good....no school, sometimes work, relaxing and thankful that i'm alive.