Wondering how to connect a g4 and 2 pc's to the internet

Discussion in 'macOS' started by power g4, Nov 5, 2006.

1. power g4 macrumors newbie

hello forum,

I have an interesting setup and I was wondering if one of you could help me out? I have a powermac g4 dual 500 upstairs in my room thats my main pc and it connects to the wireless router threw a 3rd party airport extreme card. and right next ot it on my desk is 2 plane jane wintel box and that dosent have internet kaws i dont have another wireless card to put in.So while looking for an solution i found that i could share a connection FROM my airport TO the eathernet card AND THEN thake a cable and put it into A router AND THEN into the eathernet cards on the windows boxes.But like the whole windows opperating system IT DONT WORK.So if any of you have any idea on how to do this it would be EXTREAMLY helpful.

2. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

3. power g4 thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont have the funds plus i think it would be alot more easy to just have the 2 pc linked into the mac. Is this possible?

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Yeah but by the time you've bought the cables and spent the time you might as well buy a wireless router for $50. That'll be a lot easier, though it theory your idea should work as long as you plug the G4 into the routers ethernet input (assuming it has one).

5. power g4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wel Allready Have The Nessacary Hardware To Do A Wire Up Job So If Anybody Could Tell Me How It Would Be Great

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

G4==>Wirelessly to Router

Router Ethernet Output 1==>PC 1

Router Ethernet Output 2 ==>PC 2

Or if the router only has one wired output

Router Ethernet Output 1 ==>PC 1

Via Internet Connection Sharing on the Mac (System preferences==>Sharing==>Internet)

G4 Ethernet (crossover) ==> PC 2.

7. power g4 thread starter macrumors newbie

that would work but the mack is connect threw airport to a wireless router downstairs in my home and im upstairs and so im thinking if i use my empty eathernet port on my mac put it into a wired 4 prt router as the "internet" then
    take from the router into the 2 pc's and it sees them and everything but it wont connect to the internet.

8. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

You really need to learn how to spell.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Yes but it has to go into the INPUT ethernet port on the wired router for it to work, as I said in my first post. Whether you'll then be able to share files I don't know.

Safari has a spell check (as do Camino, and Firefox 2.0) which will help you to explain yourself better as Chris G said (For Safari: Edit==>Spelling==>Check Spelling as you type, others it's on by default)