Wondering where to get a DVD-ROM

Discussion in 'Games' started by DwightSchrute, Sep 4, 2006.

1. DwightSchrute macrumors member

I need a DVD-ROM for my PC. Nothing fancy just somethign that will play DVD based games. It's for my brother and he doesn't want to spend much money. I'd prefer external because it is a HUGE pain to unhook my computer (we have a built-in desk that was clearly not designed by someone who knows anything about computers, it does look good though) an internal will be fine if it's a large price difference though.

2. MrCrowbar macrumors 68000

MrCrowbar

(soory, off topic).
    How can I make a new thread?

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

You can get DVD ROM drives (external and internal) at any electronics store (e.g. Best Buy, Circuit City, Frys, etc.) or office supply store (Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, etc.). You might even be able to buy them at Target.

I've found that brands don't matter much, but I usually I buy a brand I've heard or before.

MrCrowbar, if you click on the forums tab, and select the sub-forum you want to post in, there will be a "new thread" button at the top and bottom of every page.

4. MrCrowbar macrumors 68000

MrCrowbar

Thanx!

5. DwightSchrute thread starter macrumors member

Oops. I'm an idiot. I meant to ask where I can get a cheap one. I work at Best Buy and even with my discount the cheapest is about $50. That's too much so anyone know where to get a cheap DVD-ROM?

6. After G macrumors 68000

After G

$50 for an external is pretty good, actually. My internal drive cost $40 by itself (it was a combo drive).