wont allow me to choose Windows Media

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thorshammer88, Jul 26, 2005.

1. thorshammer88 macrumors member

Hello, I just downloaded and installed windows media player for OSX. When I went to test it out, it doesnt give me the option of running windows media player on any off my media. It gives me the option for quicktime or real player, but no windows. Any idea why, or how to fix it? Thanks for any help.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What are you talking about? If you have only the choices of Real and QuickTime, those are the formats chosen by the provider. There is no requirement to provide Windows Media just because you want to use the format. If it's that important to you, find a site that streams WMV format and view it till your heart's content.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you have saved media, in a format WMP should be able to read, then right-click (or ctrl-click) one of them, choose Open With -> Other and then navigate in the resulting requester to WMP. If you click the always box, then it will default in the future. Otherwise try dragging the video in question to to the WMP icon in the dock.

4. thorshammer88 thread starter macrumors member

thanks mkrishnan, that worked.

misterme, thanks for nothing, go eat yourself

5. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Chill. Your wording wasn't clear at all as to what "IT" was. Saying "Finder" would have been more helpful.