Won't load webpage, but recognizes router

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nlf1187, Dec 8, 2006.

1. nlf1187 macrumors newbie

Jul 14, 2006
    I just added my mbp to my home's wireless network. The mpb recognizes my network and shows full signal strength. However, it won't let any applications access the internet. Whenever I attempt to load a webpage I get cannot load error. Likewise when I try to log onto my email application it says connection cannot be found. It's very weird because the laptop is logged onto my wireless network and has a signal. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

Jul 27, 2006
    What type of router (brand and model) do you have?
  3. hanschien macrumors 6502

Oct 2, 2006
    Houston, TX
    If you're using DHCP, make sure that your MBP is assigned an IP address.

BTW, are you using a Linksys WRT54G with the latest firmware? It has a problem of not assigning an IP address to Macs even though it shows that it's connected (both wireless and ethernet).

4. nlf1187 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 14, 2006
  5. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

Sep 18, 2006
    Do you have a password on your network?

I know that I do, and when I first tried to log on I typed what i thought was the password. It didnt refuse it or anything, everything seemed fine, but the internet just didn't work. Turns out I hadn't actually put the correct password. Maybe you have the same problem.
  6. SimonTheSoundMa macrumors 6502a

Aug 6, 2006
    Birmingham, UK
  7. yellow Moderator emeritus

Oct 21, 2003
    Portland, OR
    I'm guessing that you're not getting Domain Name Service.

Does this website load for you?

If so, then you just need to add your DNS servers into your TCP settings and you'll be fine.