Won't reconnect to home network

Discussion in 'macOS' started by xli_ne, Dec 26, 2005.

1. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

Mar 3, 2005
    Center of the Nation
    For some reason my powerbook decided to stop working correctly. When I go to work to work on another wireless network, when I come back home it will connect to my wireless network, says it has an ip address, but the internet doesn't work. So I have to retype in my password, and it works fine after that. Dont really get it and its kinda annoying, any advice?
  2. ortuno2k macrumors 6502a

Nov 4, 2005
    Hollywood, FL
    If you can give more description as to what you have at home, what type of router, setup, what type of network security...etc.
    I connect fine to both my network and my girlfriend's. Only had to type the password once, and now the OS remembers it and connects to either one of my preferred networks when they're available.
    Click on System Preferences, Network, Airport and from the drop-down list, you can either leave it to Automatic or Preferred Network. Make sure your network is in the preferred network list, you should be ok.
    Good luck.
    Edit: If the network is secure, make sure you're using the same security type on the laptop as the one you have on the router. (WEP, WAP, WAP2, etc).
    I had a customer who couldn't connect to his home network (similar problem to yours) and I told him that. He tried using a different security setting (WEP, WAP...etc) and that fixed his problem. Try that, let us know if it worked.