Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
i'm wondering why my ipod isn't showing the "recently added" playlist correctly. it shows that the recently added songs are there but when i eject it and then check it's like songs that i added a year ago...
what's going on?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
So the playlist is normal in iTunes but not on the iPod? Is the iPod set to automatically sync with this playlist or do you manually manage the tunes on your iPod? :)

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
It's set to automatically sync.

I made a new smart playlist with the same specifications as "Recently Added" and it added onto my iPod but the songs on the iPod was a list of EVERY song I had!

Nobody else has had this problem?

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
So yea, it just doens't like to update the SMart playlists. that's so DUMB har har.

anyone know what's wrong?

eric

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
mad jew said:
Maybe try removing the file com.apple.iPod.plist from your Preferences folder when the iPod is disconnected. :)

nope that didn't do anything...sad...

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
mad jew said:
Okay, have you tried any of the 5 Rs of iPod troubleshooting? :)

LOL that's actually really funny. But I think that's for when the iPod isn't working AT ALL. Mine is working perfectly except the fact that the stupid smart lists won't update the right songs.
It sucks cause i like to listen to the recently added list a lot.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
iEric said:
LOL that's actually really funny. But I think that's for when the iPod isn't working AT ALL. Mine is working perfectly except the fact that the stupid smart lists won't update the right songs.
It sucks cause i like to listen to the recently added list a lot.
can't hurt to try....
and me 2... the main reason why i think i might get a nano...

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
If your library/playlists are set to automatically synchronise, then a firmware restore through iTunes can be quite painless. As puckhead193 said, it might help. :)

Calib@n

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2006
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=642774&tstart=45
Paul Walker3 posted:
"Hi folks,

Further to my earlier update I've had a minor success...managed to get a Recently Added playlist to work...of sorts.

Anything to do with date orders as in "Match the following rule Date added is in last 30 days" the iPod nano doesn't seem to understand, or rewrites the playlist as it's added to the iPod.

So I tried unchecking the "Match the following rule" and just left the Recently Added playlist as "Limit to 100 items selected by most recently added" and it's worked...I have a playlist of 100 tracks that are in the order of most added on the iPod.

I know it's not ideal and possibly not what everyone wants, but maybe it's a start and maybe a temporary fix?

Hope this helps

Regards

Paul"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.