Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattmack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2002
San Francisco Area
I have a dual 450 on os 10.2.6 and have been having a problem. Whenever my computer goes to sleep it won't wake up ever I end up having to hit the restart button. I have repaired permissions and am not aware of any conflicts from peripherals that might cause this. Anyone who has info on this please let me know

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
you know i'm having the same exact problem with my iBook and panther but it seems to have gone away after i reset the power management unit.

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
Have the same problem with my iBook 900. There is a lot of chatter on apple's boards about this problem (one of the most popular threads). Guess it's attributed to 10.2.6 (based on those reporting no problems with 10.2.5).

Guess we'll HAVE to buy Panther. Hm.:rolleyes:

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
i hate to still see this a problem with macs

os 9 had this issue and with my ibook 300, it happens about one in ten times...so i have to restart

os 9.1 supposed to fix this bug but it doesn't really bug me too much...but if it happened all the time, then i would get the patch

LordMord

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2003
London - UK
I have had it with all versions...

On my old Dual 800 tower I had this problem regardless of the version OS. I could only get the sleep thing to go away by removing my SCSI card...so, Id say that your peripherals could play a part...

I was even told that it could be the extra memory installed as it wasn't from the Apple store! Bad. Bad Apple...

Try removing things one at a time and maybe you'll find the problem...

mattmack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2002
San Francisco Area
Re: I have had it with all versions...

Originally posted by LordMord
On my old Dual 800 tower I had this problem regardless of the version OS. I could only get the sleep thing to go away by removing my SCSI card...so, Id say that your peripherals could play a part...

I was even told that it could be the extra memory installed as it wasn't from the Apple store! Bad. Bad Apple...

Try removing things one at a time and maybe you'll find the problem...
I suppose it could be my USB card but i seem to recall it happening before i even added it. That is the wierd thing it just started happening. It wasn't after i added anything or even upgaded the os. If it really bothers me i'll troubleshoot it when i add my new processor card
:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.