Woo Hoo! 10Gig iPod under tree!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Raiden, Dec 25, 2002.

1. Raiden macrumors regular

Under the christmas tree was a 10 gig ipod! Im so happy! :) Anyone else get any Mac related christmas (or whatever holiday) gifts??

I have a question, Im going the the beach for new years, and for winter track, I will have to run alot, should I not run with the new iPod? What about walking? I dont want to damage the hardrive.

Thanks everyone!

2. mmoin macrumors regular

no problem at all

I run a fair amount (maybe 6-8 miles/week) and my 5 GB iPod works great while running, it almost never skips.

3. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

4. Raiden thread starter macrumors regular

*high fives Billicus* :)

Thanks mmoin, I was just afraid the hardrive would mess up if you ran with it, but I guess im wrong. thanks :)

5. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Yeah the iPod has a 20 minute skip protection, so you can run all you want. That's one of the reasons I bought it, since my CD player had a pathetic 10 second skip protection... I ran to the other side of the house and it was already trippin.

irmongoose

6. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

since its holding 32MB of info in the RAM, your hard drive isnt getting accessed all that much. therefore the danger of damage is much less...

interesting you mention the cd-skip protection. i have a sony cdplayer with the 'g-protection' or whatever. it NEVER skips. i could run all day with it.

7. yzeater macrumors regular

I got a fiver! It was actually a present for me to share with my sister. I'm going to try to buy her out of her half. They're so cool!

8. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

I second that! High five Raiden! :D

9. merge macrumors member

I hooked it up to my Car stereo for christmass

I recieved everything I need to use my iPod in my car...
    I had an option for audio in on my stereo so I got the kit for christmass... and wired it up...

I know you can do this without wires... but I am a sound snob... I need the best possible sound quality... running through my stereo...

It is awesome...

10. wake up Jobs!!! macrumors regular

High Five to all of you ! I just got a 10 gig today with my x-mas / bday money!!!!!!!

-GaBe-O