Woohoo! 15" is on the way!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Laplace, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Laplace macrumors member

Well, I finally did it! I ordered my 15"/1.67 GHz/128MB VRAM/Superdrive Powerbook today, with airport express station for wireless printing, MS Office and I also put it an order at newegg for a 1gig stick of ram.

This is my first Mac, but unfortunately I don't have a unique switcher story. I just basically witnessed firsthand how awesome the Mac is as a personal computer, and that was enough to convince me. I am so excited, now I get to play the "check the apple website, then UPS tracking website every 5 minutes" game while on the company clock, :)

My fiancee has already prepared herself to be alone for the next few weeks and to be in, "can't touch the new tech toy" mode. I tend to think I can be a bit anal sometimes with my new electronics.

I will post pictures as soon as possible!

2. Mac_Freak macrumors 6502a

Nice! Congrstulstions...that sounds like a cool setup. PB is going to give you many years of sweet computing.

3. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

Not Bad
    Not bad at all.

May your days with your laptop be filled with joy and compionship.

4. aquajet macrumors 68020

Good for you. That's a superb machine, surely you will be happy with it. :)

5. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

I wish my girlfirend was that understanding...well CONGRATS!! and welcome to the mac world. youll never look back trust me. your gonna love the pb...enjoy!!

6. Xephian macrumors 6502a

Xephian

Congrats. Powerbooks are just about the best notebooks out there.

7. Laplace thread starter macrumors member

*panic* JUST ABOUT?!?!?!? What are you saying?!

:p just kidding

BTW if you can't tell........I'm bored, this PB needs to get here soon.

How long should it take for it to ship? at 1500 today it went to "Sent to Manufacturing", and the expected ship date is 9/8/05 which means it will spend a week in manufacturing! Unacceptable! I hope that isn't the case anyways. Surely it can't take a week to put in a different video card.

Laplace

8. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Congrats on you purchase and your switch Laplace! :D

Glad that you have seen the light! :)

Enjoy your new PowerBook G4 when it arrives.

9. YoYoMac macrumors regular

YoYoMac

Good, I thought I was the only person that turns into a prick when I get something new. I just got a new iMac G5. I got it 4 days after my wife delivered our first child. Quite a juggling act I'm performing right now. ;)

10. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Congratulations! I just switched from Windows about 3 months ago (got a iMac G5). Have fun with your notebook! Apple is much better.