Woohoo! I finally did it!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by MacVM, Aug 10, 2005.

1. MacVM macrumors member

Aug 1, 2005
    So I finally made the switch to Mac by getting an ibook. 14''. Now if only I had it here in front of me. I ordered a BTO, so I have yet to see it. Pray for me, and let's hope there are no problems! :rolleyes: I also got my 60 gig ipod. :eek: I'm really excited and waiting until "approx. August 16" is going to be torture. It's so funny because my heart started pounding in anticipation for making my first Mac purchase as I approached the Apple store. Does that happen to anyone else, or am I just weird? I always get excited to go to the Apple store; it's like my candy store. :D So that's my story. Here's waiting....
  2. Verto macrumors 6502a

Jul 20, 2005
    Denton, TX
    I've been waiting since the beginning of the month for my iMac BTO and finally the delivery date is here! It is less than an hour from me in driving distance, but will come sometime tomorrow.
  3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Congratulations on the switch. :)

There's nothing weird about getting excited about imminent Macs. There's something just so special about that company that just makes me want to buy more and more of their stuff. Hmm... Must be that Cool Aid™ others talk of... :D
  4. yoda13 macrumors 65816

Sep 26, 2003
    yeah, definately the cool aid, but I am drinking it too :D

Congrats on the switch.
  5. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

Mar 6, 2005
    Sweet switch, nice little notebook you got there, the current iBooks are a great deal!!

6. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    May your prayers be answered. I also get excited about going to the Apple Store. There is always plenty of eye candy. Your reaction is perfectly normal. Welcome as a switcher. ;)
  7. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jul 14, 2005
    I am waiting for my powerbook also. Mine got delayed, so I'm trying to keep my mind off of it. Today I found out that I'll probably be away next week when it comes, so I will probably have to wait until next saturday or sunday to play with it!
  8. tangerineyum macrumors 6502

Feb 16, 2005
    Ontario, CA
    Welcome to the club ! Your gonna love it, great perks and benefits.
  9. camomac macrumors 6502a

Jan 26, 2005
    Left Coast
    ah the excitement, the anticipation, the torture of waiting that seems to go on forever. congratulations!
  10. MacVM thread starter macrumors member

Aug 1, 2005
    Order status at apple.com is saying that my printer and applecare are shipped, but the tracking number link isn't working. Fedex's website is saying it's not found. Any ideas?