WOOO! PayPal came through for me!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mikemodena, Feb 21, 2006.

1. mikemodena macrumors 6502a

mikemodena

Hey everyone, just excited about what I found in my email..
    First let me give you the background info..
    I did a website for this guy in October and I finished it, got paid, uploaded it, and I thought that was the end of transaction. Well in November PayPal took the money from me because the guy filed a chargeback with his CC company. I was pretty pissed because I completed my end of the transaction and he was STILL using the website. I emailed and called PayPal giving them the URL to the site, any emails I had, etc. and they disputed the chargeback. I can't say it was quick, because it took from November 19 until this morning to get an email saying "Congratulations, we are pleased to inform you PayPal has successfully disputed the chargeback." I logged into my account, and BAM the money was there. I think today might be a good day :D I really thought the money was gone for good.

2. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

Very cool! Nice to see the big wigs helping out their customers now and then. :)

3. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

nice one! I really read posts were PayPal have actually come through in a dispute - its all to common to hear of folks who have to file a dispute with payPal, yet all to rare to here of a happy ending.... glad it was all sorted for you :)

4. mikemodena thread starter macrumors 6502a

mikemodena

thanks! the support people were pretty pleasant and helpful.. probably because they didn't want to see one of their customers get blatantly screwed over

5. aquajet macrumors 68020

Glad to hear everything worked out for you, but I still think paypal is evil.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't even know what PayPal really does for anyone. So many people get screwed because they don't even help you, but I'm glad this wasn't true in your case. :)