Wooohooooo!!!!11

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MacRoni, Nov 18, 2002.

1. MacRoni macrumors member

Man oh man, I just checked the status of my ADC Ti purchase and my status has gone from 'being processed' to 'being assembled'. I was so worried that I wouldn't qualify for the discount. Actually, I was going to change the status of the sale to a regular student sale. That would have meant a loss of $400. Now I can use that money towards some sound sticks. What's even funnier is that ten minuetes after receiving the good news, Apple calls me on the phone to get an evaluation on my salesperson. Needless to say, he got all 10s.

2. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

Why ya gettin' soundsticks? I hear they're pretty craptastic, like all other computer speakers.

3. MacRoni thread starter macrumors member

Actually, I work at CompUSA and I'm around them all the time. I think they sound pretty good for showcase speakers, compared to the JBL Creatures. Now the JBLs sound like sh*t in my opinion. I have been thinking about monsoon and Klipsch, but I'd really like to get a set that matched my powerbook. Plus I'm limited to what CompUSA sells if I want a discount.

4. daniel77 macrumors 6502

get the klipsch 5.1 setup. i heard them recently at Compusa and they sound friggin awesome.

5. MacRoni thread starter macrumors member

The Klipschs' do KICK ASS, but the're out of my price range....

6. Bradcoe macrumors regular

they're awesome

I've got soundsticks and an iSub hooked up to my iBook and theyre amazing. Some of the highest quality audio comes out of these. Now remember, theyre computer speakers which means theyre designed for ultimate sound directed towards one user sitting at the computer. They beat anything i've heard connected to a computer as far as quality of sound goes. none of the components clip, distort or anything else throughout the entire volume level. And you wouldnt believe how many people compliment me by saying 'woah what are those?' "oh you got an ibook?! those are speakers?! thats so awesome! thats a subwoofer?! you have to be kidding me! I want those! then they hear their favorite music (cause i have everything theyve heard of on itunes) on them and theyre sold on buying the whole set up. hehehe. this happend last year in my freshman dorm and this year in my apartment as well. great way to get girls to walk into your room and ask what they are while your doors open =)