Woooo! Interview at Apple Store

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rockandrule, Jan 18, 2006.

1. rockandrule macrumors 6502

Well, I deleted my resume and application off of the Apple website a couple days ago and put up a new one reflecting my 4.0 GPA in college, and I got a call back from the store two days after I posted it. Now I have an interview at the end of the week. I'm so excited guys!

2. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

hey that's most awesome! good luck with the interview!;)

3. aquajet macrumors 68020

Wow...4.0. That's outstanding! Good luck rockandrule, wow them and get the job! :)

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Good Luck with that. wow 4.0 we should be giving you congrats on that....thats really cool keep up the good work.

Bless

5. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

Congratulations!! On both the 4.0 AND the interview. Let us know how it goes!

Where do you go to school?

6. rockandrule thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for all of the support everyone! I go to the University of North Florida. It's my freshman year, but a great beginning none the less. I've met some really difficult and intelligent teachers already. I'd recommend this school to anyone.

7. rockandrule thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, the interview went great. And as long as the background check doesn't come back saying that I'm a serial killer, I think I'm in. Background check = $$ So I'm assuming that I have the position! :D

8. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

Great, congratulations! I guess we'll talk to you again when you quit!

9. sixstorm macrumors regular

Just wanted to ask, didn't know if you knew, but what kind of discounts do Apple store employees get?

10. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

i don't want to sound negative but is it not possible for potential employers to say..."ok i would run a background check and i would contact you on friday or at the latest, next monday...".

but they won't really do a background check. they could say this to make the person feel better...

is this more the norm?

11. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

working for apple retail isn't all it's cracked up to be.

12. Scipio macrumors member

No it's not, but it's still the best retail experience you'll ever have and the discount is AWESOME.

13. rockandrule thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually, they did do a background check. I got a call from the company today because there was a discrepancy with what got sent through. So hopefully I'll be hearing back sometime mid-week. And the point of working there is that I'm sure it will be the best retail experience possible for a college student who needs something close to campus.

14. Scipio macrumors member

Nice, and the discount is phenomenal...very difficult to save any money when you work for that company.